Hey guys! This is my (Andrew) debut on the blog! Let me first say how blown away I have been at the response to Kate’s last blog post! This blog has been such a great outlet for Kate during this difficult time in her health. While our first three months of marriage have been anything but typical, I looked over at Kate the other night and said, somewhat to her surprise, “I love our life!” And it’s true! We have so much to be thankful for, and during this season we hope that you join us as we share 10 things that we are thankful for:
- My grandmother turned 90 yesterday! I am so thankful for her consistent example of living a life in servitude of the Lord. We can’t wait for the opportunity to celebrate with her this weekend.
- Many men and women overseas will not be able to spend the holidays with their families this year because they are fighting for our freedoms, and we could not be more thankful for their service.
- We are thankful for Kate’s doctors, and are hopeful that we will get a surgery scheduled soon.
- We are thankful for our parents and their combined 60 years of marriage. They have given us such a great foundation and example for our own marriage.
- We are thankful for our friends and how they have graciously served us over the last three months. Many have cooked meals for us and have kept Kate company as she deals with her back pain.
- We are thankful for my job! Kate has been unable to work since we got married but the Lord has provided during this season.
- I am thankful for my beautiful wife. Even through her back pain she makes sure dinner is on the table every night, and makes sure our apartment is spotless!
- In addition to that I am also so thankful for the Lord and his timing of us getting married. Even though Kate’s back issues arose shortly after marriage I am so thankful that I am able to support Kate in this time and walk side by side with her as her husband.
- We are thankful for our church community. We are particularly thankful for Dave and Rachel Baxter. Rachel has been one of Kate’s best friends since they moved to Charlotte, and Dave preformed our marriage ceremony and has been a great spiritual resource for me over the last year.
- We are thankful for the Panthers and their successful season so far! Kate is becoming more and more of a sports fan everyday, however she stills calls them the Charlotte Panthers!
Kate and I are so excited for the holidays and we are thankful for the support we have received from you! Because we can’t personally celebrate this season with everyone we want to giveaway a $50 Target gift card for the holidays!
TO ENTER IS EASY:
– Share on social media what you are thankful with the tag #kateandbraungivethanks
– Sign up for our email list to the right –>
– To multiply your chances of winning, share with friends by tagging them below on Facebook or Instagram!
Good luck! We will announce the winner Monday morning! Enjoy the Holiday weekend!